The rise of companies transitioning to remote and hybrid work continues. Therefore, organizations face obsolete systems, devices, and tools that do not allow business scalability, e.g., deskphones. Adopting the right infrastructure is crucial to ensure remote workers the flexibility they need to stay productive anywhere.
Softphones allow employees to make and receive calls over the internet through a computer or smartphone. It typically has all the features of deskphones but with the flexibility a modern business needs. An old legacy phone line that is installed in an office will not be useful for the remote workforce, softphones on the other hand, provide benefits that a traditional system doesn’t, such as helping employees stay connected.
- Portability: The most valuable benefit, employees can take business’ communications wherever they go. Therefore, remote workers can attend meetings or answer incoming calls even if they are not in the workplace, which increases productivity and enhances customer service.
- Collaboration: Through softphone technology, efficiency between teams will be enhanced due to features such as voicemails, incoming call notifications, call transfer, and visibility of availability of members.
- Privacy: Employees no longer must use their personal devices for professional matters, via softphones they can communicate on personal smartphones without revealing personal phone numbers on Caller ID screens.
- Easy setup: Legacy phone landlines are complicated to install, which takes crucial time for business productivity. With softphones no equipment is needed and service is immediately available after companies pay for the preferred phone plan.
- Cost-saving: On-premises systems are complex to maintain, and often monthly or yearly subscription based. On the other hand, VoIP with softphones offer pay-as-you-go billing, allowing organizations to choose their pricing plan accordingly: whether it’s by user or monthly, saving money in the long run while still getting everything they need.
The business landscape is evolving, and organizations need better technology and infrastructure in order to maintain efficiency during the rise of remote work. Either if you already have VoIP or you are starting to consider moving from on-premises, let us help you find the right solution to suit your needs so you can free up time for what matters most – running your company!