Microsoft continues to work on improving audio and video functionalities in Microsoft Teams. In August and September 2022, they announced multiple new features to enhance calling experience such as new certified devices, a better front row experience in Microsoft Teams rooms, in-room noise suppression control, and more
Let’s delve into the new features.
- Music on hold for call transfer: Now you can configure music for calls placed on hold for a call transfer. Administrators can upload and configure custom music or use the default music provided by Microsoft.
- Early media support for compliance recording: Compliance recording solutions with Teams compliance is now available for organizations that are required to record, store, and process online meetings and calls. When you place an outgoing call, busy tones, ring back status, and IVR (interactive voice response) greetings with menu options are now available.
- Block inbound federated VoIP calls: Previously, you could only block inbound calls from specific phone numbers. You can now block inbound VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) calls from Teams users outside your organization.
- Front row experience update: The front row experience has been enhanced for Teams Rooms on Windows devices. The content space has been maximized by reducing the video and top bar height and by changing the default to one panel on displays narrower than 21:9.
- Join a Teams meeting using a meeting ID: Similar to the desktop feature, now users can join a Teams meeting directly from a Teams Rooms on Windows device using a meeting ID and passcode.
- 18 videos for dual display Teams rooms: For a more inclusive video conferencing experience, Teams Rooms on Windows devices with dual front of room displays can now show up to 18 video participants (3×3 on each screen) whenever there is no content being shared.
- In-room noise suppression control: Noise suppression now arrives for in-room meeting participants on Windows devices. Users can adjust noise suppression levels directly on the Teams Rooms console.
- Pin and hide the room video for Teams Rooms on Windows: For those who find the room video potentially distracting or not needed, now can pin or hide room video of Teams Rooms on Windows devices.
- Poly CCX 505 Business Media Phone: The Poly CCX 505 Business Media Phone is now certified by Microsoft Teams. It is a desktop, color touchscreen phone with integrated Wi-Fi. It provides one-touch access to your contacts and meetings, so you can get right to work. Robust provisioning and management capabilities take the headache out of telephony deployment and support.
- Logitech Brio 500 & 505 Cameras: This Microsoft Teams certified webcam is the latest offering of Logitech. It comes standard with professional features like advanced light correction and noise-reducing microphones.
Thrive in the digital work world implementing the most popular business communication platform with 270 million users. Book a meeting with one of our experts to start your journey with BlueSky UC and Microsoft Teams today, or request a quote customized to your business needs.